Monday, April 7, 2008

Informational Text in Children's Literature

April 2, 2008-
My initial reaction to informational text is the fear that it might be boring. Often we are presented with factual information in the form of a text book which can often suck all the life and interest out of a topic or important person. I am hoping that informational children's literature will be different. I am hoping that the author's of these books will help to create enthusiasm in the reader to learn more about the subject matter they are presenting. I also hope that illustrators of these books help to create interest as well through their use of media that appeals to children and can help them invision these new areas they would be reading about.

April 7, 2008-
In reading some informational children's books I found that my hopes were satisfied. There are books out there that present information to children in interesting ways and are backed by beautiful and creative illustrations.

No comments: